Mercury Outboard 9.9HP 4 Stroke Electric Start Long Shaft Bigft.
Mercury 9.9HP Four Stroke Electric Start Long Shaft BigFoot Outboard
- Electric Start
- Long Shaft
A Mercury BigFoot is the ideal powerplant for specialised applications such as houseboats or pontoons, where the prop needs to sit much lower in the water.
Mercury's BigFoot design delivers more control than competitive motors. With traditional boat hull design, a boat slices through the water allowing the engine to work in fairly undisturbed water. With a pontoon, the twin tubes under the hull forces turbulent water toward the engine. Mercury BigFoot's larger and taller gear case, larger propeller, and oversized anti-ventilation plate means that you get more leverage from the propeller. All this adds up to better handling manoeuvrability and performance.
BigFoot's larger components also provide additional strength and greater durability. For example, all gears are 33% larger than competitive outboards to reduce engine stress and maintenance requirements.
- Bigger heavy duty gearcases
- Bigger propeller
- Modular electronic CD ignition
- Operator warning systems
- Propshaft Rated Horsepower: 9.9 HP (7.4kw)
- Max RPM at Full Throttle: 5000-6000
- Cylinders: 2
- Displacement: 12.75 cu in. (209cc)
- Bore & Stroke: 2.16 in. x 1.73 in. (55mm x 44mm)
- Cooling System: Water cooled with thermostat
- Ignition: CDI Electronic Advance
- Starting: Manual or Electric
- Gear Ratio: 2.08:1
- Gear Shift: F-N-R
- Steering: Tiller or Remote
- Alternator System: 6 amp (76 watt)
- Trim Positions: 5 & shallow-water drive
- Fuel Tank: 3.2 US gal (12 litres)
- Weight: 96 lbs (43.5 kg)
- Propeller Drive: Splined Rubber Hub
- Recommended Boat Transom Height: Long 20" (508 mm)
- Induction System: 2-Valve single overhead cam design